Danny Kuperberg is a musician and teacher based in North London
Danny Kuperberg is pianist and recording studio mentor to some of the world’s leading dance musicians, producers and live DJ acts. See my blog for more information about this work.
- More international name acts and info on my Experience page.
- A working musician and teacher: Danny holds a BA(Hons) and an MA in audio production. He works closely with key Camden promoters Bugbear and Zaid Joseph, who together have given Coldplay, The Killers, Muse and Arctic Monkeys their key early gigs. Even Amy Winehouse worked as a barmaid at The Dublin Castle, performing the odd impromptu gig…See Gigs, News & Blog
- Head of music fundraising for the London Borough of Barnet with BEAT (Barnet Education Arts Trust). BEAT’s over 3,000 Barnet young musicians have performed at such prestigious venues as the Royal Albert Hall and the Arts Depot as well as gigging all over North London. The money raised ensures that these exciting music education opportunities happen.
- Jazz / rock / pop pianist and piano singer-songwriter
- Joint founder and Musical Director of CPT (Camden People’s Theatre), now a highly successful off-West End theatre
- Piano / keyboard / clarinet teacher for both mature students and beginners when I get time
- Here’s some typical feedback from a student returning to the piano:
Hi Danny, I wanted to say a thank you to you. About three or maybe four years ago I took some lessons with you (maybe about 8 lessons or so).Anyhow I always remember your love of the piano and the joy of playing and that has helped me get daily joy from playing. So your spirit of enthusiasm has helped inspire me to just be curious and adventurous with playing. It has positively influenced the quality of my life .Many many thanksAnn Walsh
- Former Woodhouse College head of department for music technology (2005 – 2017). BEAT also provides a unique opportunity for talented musicians from additional schools in the North London borough of Barnet (and some from the boroughs of Camden, Enfield and Haringey) to study A-level music at the prestigious Woodhouse College
Danny Kuperberg also writes: Songs About Now
Topical / political Songs About Now were arranged and recorded in a period of two weeks in July 2008, and over three weeks in December 2009.
They demonstrate a variety of production techniques which over the years have proved helpful for developing professional and amateur producers and performers.
All songs written by Danny Kuperberg.
All tracks produced by Danny Kuperberg.
All instruments played by Danny Kuperberg except:
Lennie Breslaw (UK bebop legend): drums on ‘Billionaire Blues’ and ‘Beyond The Moon’
Jeff Mindlin: guitar on ‘The Zealot’
Edwin Din: comedy vocal on ‘Duck and Dive’
Danny Kuperberg is the antidote to pop fakery, dance routines and soul-less karaoke talent shows.
Its become a race to the bottom both in terms of standardised music production techniques as well as exploitative music videos.
There was a time when music meant everything. Not anymore.
Danny is for paying your dues, gigging hard and crucially enjoying it. Not ‘living the (phantom) dream.’
Whether surrounded by famous names everyone would’ve heard of at Spaceward Studios, Matrix, Audio Garage, a seven year collaboration with legendary Camden promoter Zaid Joseph or Dublin Castle’s Bugbear Promotions, Danny has been there and done that.
Who is responsible for today’s young talent or tomorrow’s exciting new talent?
A taste of this can be found on both the‘Gigs, news & Blog’ page.
Not just me, but so so many creative people are in it for the music. And not the hype.