Danny Kuperberg is a musician and teacher based in North London
Feel free to browse the site for more info on his work and experience as:
- Keyboard / piano and recording studio production mentor to some of the world’s leading dance music producers and live DJ acts on the festival, fashion, elite after-show and Ibiza club circuits. Eg. Jamie Jones, commonly considered the world’s top House producer. See my video, and then Jamie’s which showcases his already legendary weekly ‘Paradise’ event in Ibiza. Many more international name acts and more info on my Experience page.
- A working musician and teacher: Danny holds a BA(Hons) and an MA in audio production. He works closely with key Camden promoters Bugbear and Zaid Joseph, who together have given Coldplay, The Killers, Muse and Arctic Monkeys their key early gigs. Even Amy Winehouse worked as a barmaid at The Dublin Castle, performing the odd impromptu gig…See Gigs, News & Blog
- BEAT and Woodhouse College head of department for music technology. BEAT is a unique opportunity for talented musicians from additional schools in the North London borough of Barnet (and some from the boroughs of Camden, Enfield and Haringey) to study A-level music at the prestigious Woodhouse College
- Jazz / rock / pop pianist and piano singer-songwriter
- Joint founder and Musical Director of CPT (Camden People’s Theatre), now a highly successful off-West End theatre
- Piano / keyboard / clarinet teacher for both mature students and beginners when I get time
Danny Kuperberg also writes: Songs About Now
Topical / political Songs About Now were arranged and recorded in a period of two weeks in July 2008, and over three weeks in December 2009.
They demonstrate a variety of production techniques which over the years have proved helpful for developing professional and amateur producers and performers.
All songs written by Danny Kuperberg.
All tracks produced by Danny Kuperberg.
All instruments played by Danny Kuperberg except:
Lennie Breslaw (UK bebop legend): drums on ‘Billionaire Blues’ and ‘Beyond The Moon’
Jeff Mindlin: guitar on ‘The Zealot’
Edwin Din: comedy vocal on ‘Duck and Dive’
Danny Kuperberg is the antidote to pop fakery, dance routines and soul-less karaoke talent shows.
Its become a race to the bottom both in terms of standardised music production techniques as well as exploitative music videos.
There was a time when music meant everything. Not anymore.
Danny is for paying your dues, gigging hard and crucially enjoying it. Not ‘living the (phantom) dream.’
Whether surrounded by famous names everyone would’ve heard of at Spaceward Studios, Matrix, Audio Garage, a seven year collaboration with legendary Camden promoter Zaid Joseph or Dublin Castle’s Bugbear Promotions, Danny has been there and done that.
Who is responsible for today’s young talent or tomorrow’s exciting new talent?
A taste of this can be found on both the‘Gigs, news & Blog’ page.
Not just me, but so so many creative people are in it for the music. And not the hype.